The First Half accepts applications for entry from elite athletes. Our objective is to provide national caliber athletes with the opportunity to compete, and meet the selection criteria for national teams.
The following conditions apply:
- Elite requests must be received no later than January 15, the year of the race, and the athlete must register by January 21
- Elite entries are not transferable
- To qualify as an Elite Athlete, you must have run on a certified course in the past 12 months:
- Male: sub 1:10 Half Marathon or equivalent – sub 31:40 10KM or sub 2:30 Marathon
- Female: sub 1:20 for the Half Marathon or equivalent – sub 36:20 10KM or sub 2:50 Marathon
- To qualify as a Masters Elite Athlete (runners aged 40+), you must have run on a certified course in the past 12 months:
- Male: sub 1:15 Half Marathon or equivalent – sub 34:00 10KM or sub 2:45 Marathon
- Female: sub 1:25 for the Half Marathon or equivalent – sub 38:00 10KM or sub 3:10 Marathon
- Any former overall winner of the First Half, male or female, is also granted Elite Athlete status
To request an elite entry, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, including details of qualifying performances. Please let us know as early as possible if you plan to enter, as this will help our event planning.
Please note that all athletes must have their own identification to enter and exit the country. No letters of invitation or authorization will be forwarded.
RUNVAN® also guarantees entry opportunity for competitive athletes who have finished Top 3 in their Age Category over the last two years at the First Half, or for men who’ve run sub 1:20 and for females who clocked sub 1:30.
RUNVAN® reserves the right to deny entry
Cash prizes go to the top men and women overall ($800, $500, $300, $200, $100).
A $1,500 bonus prize is available to any man or woman who sets a new First Half course record.
First Half current record holders are:
|Men’s Record:||1:04:22||Dylan Wykes, 2012|
|Women’s Record:||1:12:21||Rachel Cliff, 2018|
The First Half is proud to be a part of the BC Super Series with BC Athletics