The ‘First Half’ Half Marathon raises funds for Variety – The Children’s Charity and occurs annually in Vancouver, mid-February.
The area around the Roundhouse Community Centre and David Lam Par will be the hub of activity with approximately 2,500 people in the area between 8am and Noon. Residents will have unrestricted vehicle access in and out of the area after approximately 9am via Nelson and Davie Streets. Vancouver Police and course marshals will be on hand to control pedestrian and vehicle traffic at all intersections on the race route for the duration of the event.
ROAD CLOSURES on Race Day (all times are approximate)
- Pacific Blvd: Eastbound traffic only
- Homer to Drake, 5:30am to 12pm
- Drake to Cambie, 5:30am to 9am
- Cambie to Abbott, 8:15am to 9am
- Pacific Blvd: Eastbound traffic only (Eastbound traffic will be diverted at Seymour St)
- Granville to Homer, 8:30am to 12pm
- Drake St: Full closure
- Pacific to Marinaside, 5:30am to 12pm
- Expo Blvd:
- Abbott to Cambie, 8:20am to 9am
- Granville St: (Intermittent traffic control with Vancouver Police)
- Pacific to Beach, 8:30am to 12pm
- Beach Ave: Eastbound traffic only (access to Aquatic Centre maintained with VPD assistance)
- Granville to Thurlow, 8am to 12pm
- Cambie Bridge/Pacific Blvd East off-ramp: Northbound traffic only, southbound bridge traffic will remain open
- W 6th Ave to Pacific Blvd 8:20am to 9am
- Smithe St:
- Pacific Blvd to Beatty, 8:20am to 9am
TEMPORARY PARKING RESTRICTIONS begin at 5:30am for the following areas
- Pacific Blvd, south side (eastbound lanes) from Granville St to Abbott St.
- Davie St, west side, south of Pacific Blvd.
- Drake St, both sides from Pacific Blvd to Marinaside Dr.
- Granville St, both sides from Pacific Blvd to Beach Avenue.
- Beach Ave, both sides from Granville St to Howe St.
- Nelson St, both sides, from Expo Blvd and Pacific Blvd.
Please ensure all vehicles are removed by 5:30am in the areas noted above on race day.
RESIDENTIAL ACCESS/EGRESS INFORMATION
- From 8:30am to 8:45am access and egress to 100 Drake, 100 Davie and 1000 – 1100 Marinaside will be via Nelson St, with assistance of Vancouver Police. From 9:00am onward, Davie St will be open to vehicular traffic
- Buildings that exit directly onto Beach or the eastside of Pacific Blvd will be provided with a course marshal who will ensure safe entrance to or exit from the building at the earliest safe opportunity. As a reminder, all eastbound travel lanes will be closed.
- Vancouver Police will be on hand at all intersections along the race route. Residents could experience brief delays as runners pass-by. We thank you for your patience and assistance during this time.