All runners are required to accept the following waiver, cancellation and conditions when they register for the First Half Half Marathon.
- I know that running a road race is a potentially hazardous activity which could cause injury or death. I should not enter and run unless I am medically able and properly trained, and by my acknowledgement, I certify that I am medically able to perform this event, and I am in good health, and I am properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to any aspect of my participation in this event, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I assume all risks associated with running in this event, including but not limited to: falls; contact with other participants; the effects of the weather, including cold, snow and ice, heat, humidity and wind; traffic and the conditions of the road and seawall; all such risks being known and appreciated by me. I understand that wheelchairs, strollers, baby joggers, rollerblades or any other means of assisted propulsion are not allowed in the race, and that the wearing of headphones is not recommended, and I will abide by these guidelines.
- Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Pacific Road Runners, its officers and volunteers, Vancouver Parks Board, Roundhouse Community Centre, City of Vancouver, Startline Sports Group Ltd., BC Athletics, and all sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event.
Cancellation or Postponement
- I will not hold responsible any party mentioned above for return of my entry fee if the race is cancelled due to force majeure. The First Half organizers will endeavour to proceed with the race on the originally scheduled date under all circumstances, but if for any reason beyond their control, including extreme weather conditions making the course unsafe, or on direction from the permitting authorities, they reserve the right to delay the start, to modify the course, to postpone or to cancel the race. In the event of cancellation, the organizers regret that entry fees will not be refunded, however, race souvenirs will be made available.
Conditions of Entry
- Race registration is non-refundable. If you are unable to run and cannot transfer your entry, your entry will be cancelled.
- This is not a recreational walking event. If you are unable to finish the race in 3 hours, please do not register as we cannot guarantee your safety on the course and water stations may not be available. The race starts at 8:30 am for all runners, there is no early start.
- Wheelchairs, strollers, baby joggers or rollerblades and other means of assisted propulsion are not allowed in the race.
- Adults with special needs must contact the event organizers before registering.