First Half Race Transfers
The First Half allows entries to be transferred to accommodate runners unable to participate.
It is very important for transfers to be registered, as a person running in your place can create errors in the results and can deny legitimate winners their placing and prizes. Moreover, in the event of an accident or medical emergency, the wrong registration information may have serious consequences and liability implications.
- January 6 to February 5 – Race transfers open online* with personalized bib cut-off Sunday, January 26, 11:59pm PST.
- Friday Feb 7 and Saturday Feb 8, the day before the race, transfers are available at Package Pickup, Forerunners Main St.**
- Race Day transfers are NOT available.
- It is the responsibility of each runner to find a replacement runner for the race transfer. You may be able to connect with others on the First Half Facebook Event Page or connect with others @runvancanada
- Note: Shirt sizing will be based on the initial order, so please try and connect with a runner who is of the same gender and size. First Half tech shirts may be exchanged on race day inside the gym at the Roundhouse Community Centre between 10:30am-12pm, however, only clean, unworn race shirts will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis, while sizes and quantities last. Thank you for understanding.
Transfer & Processing Fee:
|January 6 to 26 – Online (Custom Bib cut-off)||$15|
|January 27 to February 5 – Online||$20|
|February 7 to 8 – Package Pickup||$25|
The new runner will pay the $70 race entry fee along with the applicable transfer and processing fee shown above, plus tax. The runner transferring out of the First Half will be reimbursed their race registration less online processing fees.
$5 from each transfer will be donated to Variety, the Children’s Charity, as we encourage runners to ‘Run & Give’.
Online transfers are now closed. If you are completing the transfer at Package Pickup, details on how to transfer your race entry are included below:
- New runner brings the original Bib number AND Confirmation number of the runner NOT participating to Package Pickup
- New runner completes an onsite transfer form. Only the new runner needs to be in attendance at Package Pickup
- New runner pays the registration and transfer fee onsite. Note: Race Day transfers are not available
- Runner unable to participate will be refunded less an online transfer fee in 5-7 business days
- New runner will be issued a new bib
Contact RUNVAN® if you have any questions or issues via email: email@example.com