The First Half allows entries to be transferred to accommodate runners unable to participate.
It is very important for transfers to be registered, as a person running in your place can create errors in the results and can deny legitimate winners their placing and prizes. Moreover, in the event of an accident or medical emergency, the wrong registration information may have serious consequences and liability implications.
Race transfers open online from January 6 to February 3 with personalized bib cut-off on Sunday, January 24, 11:59PM PST. After this period, runners can transfer their registration on-site at Package Pickup, February 5 to 6. Race day trasfers are NOT available.
It is the responsibility of each runner to find a replacement runner for the race transfer. You may be able to connect with others on the First Half Facebook Event Page or connect with others @runvancanada
Shirt sizing will be based on the initial order, so please try and connect with a runner who is of the same gender and size. First Half tech shirts may be exchanged on race day inside the gym at the Roundhouse Community Centre between 10:30am-12pm, however, only clean, unworn race shirts will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis, while sizes and quantities last. Thank you for understanding.
Transfer + Processing Fees
|January 6 to 24 – online||$15|
|January 27 to February 3 – online||$20|
|February 5 to 6 – on-site||$25|
The new runner will pay the $70 race entry fee along with the applicable transfer and processing fee shown above, plus tax. The runner transferring out of the First Half will be reimbursed their race registration less online processing fees.
$5 from each transfer will be donated to Variety, the Children’s Charity.
Runner Transferring OUT of the First Half
- Click the ‘Edit Registration’ above and click ‘Sign in’ top-right.
- Once signed in, click the ‘Transfer’ button on the right, then ‘Transfer to a new participant’.
- Enter the new participant’s email address.
- Transfer instructions will then be sent to the new participant and a notification of transfer initiation will be sent to you.
- Once the new participant completes the transfer, you will receive a refund for your original registration fee minus online processing fees of 6.5%. Please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to display on your credit card.
Runner Transferring INTO the First Half
- Upon receiving the Transfer email, click ‘Complete Transfer’ and complete the registration form.
- Proceed to checkout to pay for the race entry, online transfer and processing fee, plus tax.
- Click ‘Submit’ to be redirected to a ‘Thank you’ page and receive a confirmation email.
Shirt sizing will be based on the initial order, so please try and connect with a runner who is of the same gender and size. First Half tech shirts may be exchanged on race day inside the Roundhouse gym between 10:30am-12pm, however, only clean, unworn race shirts will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis, while sizes and quantities last. Thank you for understanding.
- New runner brings the original Bib number AND Confirmation number of the runner NOT participating to Package Pickup
- New runner completes an onsite transfer form. Only the new runner needs to be in attendance at Package Pickup
- New runner pays the registration and transfer fee on-site. Note: Race Day transfers are not available
- Runner unable to participate will be refunded less an online transfer fee in 5-7 business days
- New runner will be issued a new bib