Who has had enough of this winter?? We are monitoring the weather reports as most of you are. It seems to change by the hour and even meteorologists are having a tough time deciding what will happen this weekend. As it stands, they are calling for accumulations on Friday and overnight into Saturday, and then it could turn to rain. Fingers crossed, we will have rain closer to the water.

It is going to be a tough call as to whether we cancel the race or not and that will depend on snow accumulations and ice conditions. The last thing we want to do is cancel this year’s run. It will come down to a matter of safety.

We will continue to monitor the storm and make an assessment late Saturday afternoon. If it looks good we will wait until Sunday morning and make another assessment in the early hours. We hope to give you advance warning before heading out the door. We will notify you by email, Facebook, and our web page if the race is canceled.

Please note that, as per our waiver, we will not be refunding entry fee’s in the event the race is canceled. We will still have bib pick-up so you can pick up your race shirt.
We will make a further announcement if the race is canceled

In our 28 years of hosting the First Half, we have never had to cancel a race.

Stay tuned…….