- How do I know if I’m registered?
- How may I edit my runner profile?
- May I transfer my race to another participant?
- May I defer my race to another year or be refunded?
- Is there a minimum age to register for the race?
- How may I make a donation after I’ve registered?
- What’s included in my race package?
- What do I need to bring to Package Pickup?
- How may I find my bib number?
- May I pick up someone else’s race package?
- May I exchange my tech shirt for a different size?
- Transportation and Road Closures
- When should I arrive?
- If I arrive late, may I still participate?
- Is there Gear Check?
- Where should I position myself at the Start Line?
- Will there be pacers?
- Is there a course time limit?
- Is the Seawall closed during the race?
- May I run with headphones?
- Which electrolyte products are on-course?
- When and where will results be posted?
How do I know if I’m registered?
You will receive email confirmation once registered. To confirm your race registration, you may also click ‘Edit Registration’ below and login to your Participant Dashboard. From your Participant Dashboard you may view all your transaction details, receipts, and manage any pending transfer requests.
How may I edit my runner profile?
To edit your runner profile, including joining or creating a team, click ‘Edit Registration’ below to login and your Participant Dashboard. To change your name or email address, please contact our non-profit offices via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the ‘Edit Your Registration’ button above to go to the event page and click Sign In top-right.
- Use your email associated with Race Roster, select ‘Yes, I have a Password’ and enter it. Or reset your lost password.
- Navigate to the far-right corner and select the Menu, then select ‘Dashboard’ under the participant section. If you signed in from raceroster.com you will already be on your participant dashboard.
May I transfer my race to another participant?
Yes, race registrations may be transferred online from early January to early February. Transfers are NOT available on race day. Click the ‘Edit Registration’ above, ‘Sign in’ top-right, then click ‘Transfer’ and ‘Transfer to a new participant’ to initiate the transfer to a new participant. Transfer and processing fees will apply. Learn more at firsthalf.ca/transfer
May I defer my race to another year or be refunded?
No, race registrations may not be deferred to the next year and are non-refundable, per firsthalf.ca/policies
Is there a minimum age to register for the race?
Yes, you must be 16 or older as of race day to participate in the First Half per firsthalf.ca/policies
How may I make a donation after I’ve registered?
Thank you! To make a donation after you have registered, please visit firsthalf.ca/give
How may I find my bib number?
Bib numbers will be listed online closer to event day. An email reminder will also be sent about two weeks prior to race day.
May I pick up someone else’s race package?
No, every runner must pick up their own kit during the Package Pickup hours. Race day Package Pickup is available.
May I exchange my tech shirt for a different size?
First Half tech shirts may be exchanged on race day in the gym at the Roundhouse Community Centre between 10:30am-12pm. Only clean, unworn race shirts will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis, while sizes and quantities last.
Transportation and Road Closures
Transit is a convenient way to get to the Start Line with the Canada Line Yaletown-Roundhouse Skytrain Station located near the Roundhouse Community Centre. Please consider taking Translink, plan your trip in advance and TravelSmart. Limited public parking is available. Road closures and detour information is also available online at firsthalf.ca/detours
When should I arrive?
Please arrive by 7:30am, or at least 60 minutes prior to the race start time, if you would like to use Package Pickup and/or Gear Check on race day. Please still arrive to the Roundhouse Community Centre start area by at least 8am otherwise.
- Please bring your own bag and have it ready to check before you arrive at Gear Check
- Detach the tear-off tag at the side of your race bib and we’ll zip tie it to your bag
- After you cross the Finish Line, return to Gear Check and show your bib to collect your bag
Note: All clothing discarded near the Start Line will be donated to charity.
Will there be pacers?
Yes, pacers provided by RUNVAN® will be located at the Start Line! Meet out your pacers at firsthalf.ca/pacers
Is there a course time limit?
Yes, the course time limit is 3 hours. Due to permits, we are required to open roads at specific times per firsthalf.ca/policies
May I run with headphones?
For runner safety, music devices are discouraged per firsthalf.ca/policies
Which electrolyte products are on-course?
Water and electrolyte beverages by Nuun will be available on-course. See where water stations are located at firsthalf.ca/map
When and where will results be posted?
Results will be posted onsite at the Roundhouse Community Centre and available online at firsthalf.ca/results
Still not answered your questions?
Please email us at email@example.com or phone: 604 872 2928